Welcome to the Office of Graduate Studies, Professional Education, and Sponsored Programs at UNC Asheville.
The Office of Graduate Studies, Professional Education, and Sponsored Programs is an important complement to UNC Asheville's core mission—providing an outstanding undergraduate experience for traditional-aged college students. UNC Asheville's ability to respond rapidly to greater Asheville depends, to a great degree, on the university's ability to serve the post-baccalaureate, professional, extension/distance and continuing education needs of Western North Carolinians including:
- Master of Liberal Arts & Sciences Program
- Graduate Certificate in Climate Change and Society
- Great Smokies Writing Program
- Test preparation courses for standardized tests such as the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT), Graduate Record Examination (GRE), and Law School Admission Test (LSAT)
- Teacher training programs such as Effective Teacher Training/ Substitute Teacher Training and the Advanced Placement Summer Institute
- Test proctoring services
- A creative writing summer program for high school and middle school students
We continually evaluate and update course offerings to meet the needs of Western North Carolina residents. Our staff welcomes your suggestions and ideas for future offerings.