The Office of Graduate Studies, Professional Education, and Sponsored Programs is an important complement to UNC Asheville's core mission—providing an outstanding undergraduate experience for traditional-aged college students. UNC Asheville's ability to respond rapidly to greater Asheville depends, to a great degree, on the university's ability to serve the post-baccalaureate, professional, extension/distance and continuing education needs of Western North Carolinians including:
- Master of Liberal Arts & Sciences Program
- Graduate Certificate in Climate Change and Society
- Great Smokies Writing Program
- Test preparation courses for standardized tests such as the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT), Graduate Record Examination (GRE), and Law School Admission Test (LSAT)
- Teacher training programs, such as Effective Teacher Training/ Substitute Teacher Training and the Advanced Placement Summer Institute
- Test proctoring services
We continually evaluate and update course offerings to meet the needs of Western North Carolina residents. Our staff welcomes your suggestions and ideas for future offerings.