2014 Advanced Placement Summer Institute for Teachers at UNC Asheville
During the summer of 2014, the Professional Education department at UNC Asheville will welcome high school teachers who have an enthusiasm for teaching and a desire to learn more about their content areas, pedagogy, and methodology while becoming certified to teach Advanced Placement credit courses.
At the end of the Advanced Placement Institute, participants will:
- be prepared to teach advanced placement curriculum coursework material to students, preparing them for strong performance on the Advanced Placement exam
- be prepared to employ a variety of teaching methods to encourage rigor appropriate for each subject
- be part of a community of learners whose content knowledge, pedagogy and best practices can be shared by participants beyond the Institute.
This year, certification areas will be split between two sessions:
Session I: June 23 - 26, 2014 Advanced Placement Certification Content Areas:
• English Language and Composition
• English Literature and Composition
• Environmental Science
• U.S. History
Session II: July 21 - 24, 2014 Advanced Placement Certification Content Areas:
• Calculus AB
• Physics I and II (combined)
• U.S. History
Please contact us for specific course descriptions.
Meet the 2014 Advanced Placement Summer Institute Consultants.
2014 Advanced Placement Summer Institute Registration Form (click to download PDF form)
Advanced Placement Summer Institute FAQ
For answers to frequently asked questions, please visit the Advanced Placement Summer Institute FAQ page.