Advanced Placement Institute
2013 Advanced Placement Summer Institute for Teachers at UNC Asheville
During the summer of 2013, the Professional Education department at UNC Asheville will welcome high school teachers who have an enthusiasm for teaching and a desire to learn more about their content areas, pedagogy, and methodology while becoming certified to teach Advanced Placement credit courses.
At the end of the AP Institute, participants will:
- be prepared to teach advanced placement curriculum coursework material to students, preparing them for strong performance on the Advanced Placement exam
- be prepared to employ a variety of teaching methods to encourage rigor appropriate for each subject
- be part of a community of learners whose content knowledge, pedagogy and best practices can be shared by participants beyond the Institute.
This year, certification areas will be split between two sessions:
Session I: June 24 - 27, 2013 Advanced Placement Certification Content Areas:
- English Language and Composition
- English Literature and Composition
- Environmental Science
- U.S. History
Session II: July 22 - 25, 2013 Advanced Placement Certification Content Areas:
- Calculus AB
Meet the 2013 Advanced Placement Summer Institute Consultants.
Registration Form (click to download PDF form)
Quick Facts and FAQs
Last edited by firstname.lastname@example.org on February 20, 2013